Dr. DeSalvo is amazing! I see him for regular tune ups for old injuries. He keeps me moving and I’m so grateful. I’d be a mess without his expertise and care. His staff is kind, responsive and cheerful. I always leave feeling lighter and back to my normal self. I can’t recommend Dr. DeSalvo enough!!
Knee Pain Treatment in Novato, CA
Your Recover Starts Here. We use state of the art, non-surgical techniques to help you with your knee pain.
OUR TREATMENT BENEFITS THOSE SUFFERING WITH:
- CHRONIC KNEE PAIN
- ACL INJURIES
- MENICUS TEARS
- FAILED SURGERY
- SUB-ACUTE MUSCLE STRAIN
- CHRONIC MUSCLE STRAIN
- PREVIOUS INJURY
Knee pain can be caused by a sudden injury, an overuse injury, or by an underlying condition, such as arthritis. Treatment will vary depending on the cause. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness. There are a lot of people that suffer from knee pain in Novato, CA, and for many there are some great treatment options.
KNEE PAIN IN NOVATO, CA:
Knee pain is an extremely common complaint, and there are many causes. It is important to make an accurate diagnosis of the cause of your symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be directed at the cause. If you have knee pain, some common causes include:
- Arthritis – Arthritis is among the most common causes of knee pain, and there are many treatments available.
- Ligament Injuries – Ligament injuries commonly occur during athletic activities and can cause discomfort and instability.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Injury
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Injury
- Cartilage Injuries | Meniscal Tear – Cartilage tears are seen in young and old patients alike, and are also an extremely common cause of knee pain.
- Patellar Tendonitis – Tendonitis around the joint is most commonly of the patellar tendon, the large tendon over the front of the knee.
- Chondromalacia Patella – Chondromalacia causes knee pain under the kneecap and is due to softening of the cartilage. It is most common in younger patients (15-35 years old).
- Dislocating Kneecap – A dislocating kneecap causes acute symptoms during the dislocation, but can also lead to chronic knee pain.
- Baker’s Cyst – A Baker’s cyst is swelling in the back of the joint, and is usually a sign of another underlying problem such as a meniscus tear.
- Bursitis – The most common bursa affected around the joint is just above the kneecap. This is most common in people who kneel for work, such as gardeners or carpetlayers.
- Plica Syndrome – Plica syndrome is an uncommon cause of knee pain, and can be difficult to diagnose. The diagnosis is usually made at the time of arthroscopy.
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease – Osgood-Schlatter disease is a condition seen in adolescents and is due to irritation of the growth plate just at the front of the joint.
- Osteochondritis Dissecans – Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) is another condition seen in adolescents due to the growth of the bone around the joint.
- Gout – Gout is an uncommon cause of knee pain. However, in patients who have a diagnosis of gout, it must be considered as a cause for new onset knee pain.
If you suffer from knee pain call our team at the offices of Douglas DeSalvo DC, BCIN today-(415)898-6999. Our Novato area team can offer you some of the latest treatments available to help you overcome this painful problem.
I’ve been coming to Dr DeSalvo for almost two years. My appreciation for what he’s done for my neck pain cannot be expressed easily with words. I wish I could post before and after pictures of my posture and my smile. I’ve completely forgotten what that neck pain feels like. When I came to him in September of 2013, I couldn’t lift my head off of the pillow. I literally had to have my dear hubby help me sit up. Now I regularly look left, right, up and down with ZERO pain. ZERO. That’s a HUGE deal.
I’m now experiencing some lower back pain due to my lack of exercise and having too much weight hanging about the middle of my body. We’re working together to alleviate that pain. That’s the key to DeSalvo Chiropractic…working TOGETHER. We’re a team. He takes the time to find out what’s really going on in your life and works to help you take steps to live your best life. Sometimes I don’t follow his advice…and he’s got a way of gently but firmly reprimanding that makes me WANT to follow his advice. It’s like he’s saying, “Hey! We’re part of a team and you’re not helping the team.” ok. OK. I’ll do my exercises! Ugh!
If you’re in any pain whatsoever at all, do yourself a favor and call Dr. DeSalvo. I promise, you won’t regret it.
I went to Dr. DeSalvo with horrible neck pain, my symptoms were constant headaches from the pain in my neck, and during sleep I didn’t want to move because it hurt so much. After X-rays, it revealed that I have a degenerative disc in my neck. After two weeks visiting Dr. DeSalvo my headaches were gone and I was sleeping great. I still continue to see him as my issue is a work in progress. I would highly recommend anyone who has back or neck pain to Dr. DeSalvo. I fully trust him and his staff.
Several years ago I suffered a spinal compression fracture that resulted in permanent damage to my T12 vertebrae. I have been plauged with constant back pain for decades. Through the years I have seen literally dozens of specialist who have not been able to provide more than slight if any relief from discomfort.
One day I was in so much pain I could barely walk and thought I would try a chiropractor. I began a search for the chiropractors with best training and user ratings in the bay area. I found that Dr. De Salvo was rated tops so I made an appointment and due to my acute situation he saw me right away. After the initial assessment he began his treatment. I could tell immediately he knew what he was doing. It was obvious he had how I can only describe as “very intelligent hands.” At completion of the treatment I could stand straight and was a bit sore but the pain was almost completely gone.
I have been seeing Doctor Doug now a couple of times a month now for almost three years and am happy to report I am mostly pain free. I recommend him without reservation.
I have been suffering with back pain for almost 3 years from a fall! I’ve seen two back doctors, two orthopedist for my hip and numerous physical therapist! Also 3 cortisone shots! Finally decided to try Doug for chiropractic! Well I’m sorry I waited so long! He has done wonders for me! I feel about 75% better! And I can sleep at night without waking up in pain! I am so happy I found Doug! Highly recommend him! He’s awesome! Thanks Doug!
Been seeing Dr DeSalvo for many years. He has helped me with hip, neck and now lower back pain. I highly recommend him for all your chiropractic needs.
Dr. DeSalvo and his staff are the best at what they do. I have been going there for years whenever I need an adjustment or ongoing treatment for various ailments. Dr. DeSalvo’s approach is second to none. He has an amazing ability to pinpoint injuries and prescribe the proper treatment and strength exercises to get his patients back to a place of comfort and alignment. His staff is always so friendly and accommodating, and they have been able to get me in on a number of occasions on very short notice. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to DeSalvo Chiropractic, and happily refer them to anyone that is in need of chiropractic services. They are the BEST!
Dr. DeSalvo is amazing as my husband had severe back pain and he helped him relieve his pain. It eventually resulted in surgery but Dr. DeSalvo helped my husband with relief of sever back pain from an injury. I also had neck pain and Dr. DeSalvo helped me with my neck pain and how to alleviate pain in the future. He is amazing and also knows the spine and neck so helps alleviate pain and also stretching and ways to help alleviate severe pain. He listens and is so aware of his patients and takes his time to help his patients. My husband and I would also like to say the office staff both Lynn and others on staff are wonderful so welcoming into the office. As well when I have called the office with changes or needing to see the Doctor Lynn does her best to accommodate the patients needs and always finds a way to fit you in on a very busy schedule.
My vehicle was rear ended in 2013. I suffered from whiplash. I’ll never forget the day that my neck was loose enough for an adjustment by Dr. DeSalvo. So much pressure and pain was released with one swift movement. To loosen it up enough, I had a few visits prior which consisted of an exam, massage, use of an electrothingy that hurts so good. I came back again this month because I tweaked my neck moving stuff. In two visits, I’m as good as new. Dr. DeSalvo is amazing. Reasonably priced and his front office staff (Lynn) rocks. I texted her on a Sunday asking her appointment availability and she got me in first thing Monday morning. A++++
What can I say? Like Tony The Tigher “There Grrreat! Doctor DeSalvo is awsome and very attentive to your needs. Lynn and Chanelle do a great job and always put a smile on my face. All in all a great office. Give them a shot, I’m sure your like them!