Knee Pain Treatment in Novato, CA
Douglas DeSalvo DC, BCIN, DAAMLP: DeSalvo Chiropractic
Your Recover Starts Here. We use state of the art, non-surgical techniques to help you with your knee pain.
OUR TREATMENT BENEFITS THOSE SUFFERING WITH:
- CHRONIC KNEE PAIN
- ACL INJURIES
- MENICUS TEARS
- FAILED SURGERY
- SUB-ACUTE MUSCLE STRAIN
- CHRONIC MUSCLE STRAIN
- PREVIOUS INJURY
Knee pain can be caused by a sudden injury, an overuse injury, or by an underlying condition, such as arthritis. Treatment will vary depending on the cause. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness. There are a lot of people that suffer from knee pain in Novato, CA, and for many there are some great treatment options.
KNEE PAIN IN NOVATO, CA:
Knee pain is an extremely common complaint, and there are many causes. It is important to make an accurate diagnosis of the cause of your symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be directed at the cause. If you have knee pain, some common causes include:
- Arthritis – Arthritis is among the most common causes of knee pain, and there are many treatments available.
- Ligament Injuries – Ligament injuries commonly occur during athletic activities and can cause discomfort and instability.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Injury
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Injury
- Cartilage Injuries | Meniscal Tear – Cartilage tears are seen in young and old patients alike, and are also an extremely common cause of knee pain.
- Patellar Tendonitis – Tendonitis around the joint is most commonly of the patellar tendon, the large tendon over the front of the knee.
- Chondromalacia Patella – Chondromalacia causes knee pain under the kneecap and is due to softening of the cartilage. It is most common in younger patients (15-35 years old).
- Dislocating Kneecap – A dislocating kneecap causes acute symptoms during the dislocation, but can also lead to chronic knee pain.
- Baker’s Cyst – A Baker’s cyst is swelling in the back of the joint, and is usually a sign of another underlying problem such as a meniscus tear.
- Bursitis – The most common bursa affected around the joint is just above the kneecap. This is most common in people who kneel for work, such as gardeners or carpetlayers.
- Plica Syndrome – Plica syndrome is an uncommon cause of knee pain, and can be difficult to diagnose. The diagnosis is usually made at the time of arthroscopy.
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease – Osgood-Schlatter disease is a condition seen in adolescents and is due to irritation of the growth plate just at the front of the joint.
- Osteochondritis Dissecans – Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) is another condition seen in adolescents due to the growth of the bone around the joint.
- Gout – Gout is an uncommon cause of knee pain. However, in patients who have a diagnosis of gout, it must be considered as a cause for new onset knee pain.
If you suffer from knee pain call our team at the offices of Douglas DeSalvo DC, BCIN today-(415)898-6999. Our Novato area team can offer you some of the latest treatments available to help you overcome this painful problem.
Been seeing Dr DeSalvo for many years. He has helped me with hip, neck and now lower back pain. I highly recommend him for all your chiropractic needs.
What can I say? Like Tony The Tigher “There Grrreat! Doctor DeSalvo is awsome and very attentive to your needs. Lynn and Chanelle do a great job and always put a smile on my face. All in all a great office. Give them a shot, I’m sure your like them!
My vehicle was rear ended in 2013. I suffered from whiplash. I’ll never forget the day that my neck was loose enough for an adjustment by Dr. DeSalvo. So much pressure and pain was released with one swift movement. To loosen it up enough, I had a few visits prior which consisted of an exam, massage, use of an electrothingy that hurts so good. I came back again this month because I tweaked my neck moving stuff. In two visits, I’m as good as new. Dr. DeSalvo is amazing. Reasonably priced and his front office staff (Lynn) rocks. I texted her on a Sunday asking her appointment availability and she got me in first thing Monday morning. A++++
Dr. DeSalvo and his staff are the best at what they do. I have been going there for years whenever I need an adjustment or ongoing treatment for various ailments. Dr. DeSalvo’s approach is second to none. He has an amazing ability to pinpoint injuries and prescribe the proper treatment and strength exercises to get his patients back to a place of comfort and alignment. His staff is always so friendly and accommodating, and they have been able to get me in on a number of occasions on very short notice. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to DeSalvo Chiropractic, and happily refer them to anyone that is in need of chiropractic services. They are the BEST!
Dr. DeSalvo is one of the most awesome human beings I have had the privilege of meeting and working with. I love his take on life and the fact that he has such concern for the well being of people. I love that he is such an awesome dad and he is committed to doing his part and making life around him better. Thank you for all you do and I so look forward to how your impact in your community as you launch your Weight Loss program and the success it offers. Cheers. I highly recommend this Clinic if you are the type of person that wants to get to the root of your health issues and be around people to get you to your best.
I have had ongoing lower back issues and had been going to an old school chiropractor that wasn’t helping but hurting me further. I reached out to Dr DeSalvo and found him to be kind, accommodating and a great chiropractor. His office has all the newest equipment and his staff is friendly and efficient. You won’t be disappointed Our whole family now uses him
Dr. DeSalvo is amazing! I see him for regular tune ups for old injuries. He keeps me moving and I’m so grateful. I’d be a mess without his expertise and care. His staff is kind, responsive and cheerful. I always leave feeling lighter and back to my normal self. I can’t recommend Dr. DeSalvo enough!!
DeSalvo Chiropractic can and will help you.
I have struggled with neck, back, hip, and head aches since I was a young teen due to a spinal injury that healed improperly. I developed bad habits such as cracking my neck, back, sternum, and hips this way and that way in order to try and relieve the tension from my spine. Last year something changed for the worse. After popping my neck, sharp pains would shoot down my spine and into my leg with a migraine soon to follow, but I would get dull pain and headaches if I didn’t pop my neck, so relief seemed unattainable.
A few months ago, I ran across my deck, and my lower back pinched, my hip popped, and my right leg tightened bringing me to my knees. This became more frequent until it was too painful to walk, drive, sit down, or fall asleep. I became a frigid and angry person at a much too young age and I found myself desperate for help in Doug DeSalvo’s office.
I was hesitant at first- a non-believer- but after my first adjustment, I learned the truth behind the science and healing power of spinal care, and that our spines are the core component to a functioning nervous system. All those years I thought I was adjusting my neck for myself, but instead I increased the tension throughout my whole body by taking the curve out of my neck!
Doug knows what he is doing, and he doesn’t leave you out of the loop while he’s doing it. Over the course of the past two months, he has adjusted, educated, and freed me from my pain. My headaches left after only one adjustment and the tension and sharp pain in my neck, back, and hips have been diminishing every day since. I am now sleeping through the night.
I highly recommend DeSalvo Chiropractic if you have headaches, back pain, neck pain, trouble sleeping, depression, or like me, just completely out of whack. Doug DeSalvo will help you get it back.
The only reason I went here in the first place was to pick up my mom from her appointment for her shoulder. I walked in with this goofy limp (I fell out of a tree in college and when I over do it in a workout I look like Igor) and they asked if I wanted to give it a try. He popped everything back into place and I started going regularly. After visiting DeSalvo I have no back pain, no knee pain, and my migraines reduced significantly. 10/10 would recommend.
Dr. DeSalvo is amazing as my husband had severe back pain and he helped him relieve his pain. It eventually resulted in surgery but Dr. DeSalvo helped my husband with relief of sever back pain from an injury. I also had neck pain and Dr. DeSalvo helped me with my neck pain and how to alleviate pain in the future. He is amazing and also knows the spine and neck so helps alleviate pain and also stretching and ways to help alleviate severe pain. He listens and is so aware of his patients and takes his time to help his patients. My husband and I would also like to say the office staff both Lynn and others on staff are wonderful so welcoming into the office. As well when I have called the office with changes or needing to see the Doctor Lynn does her best to accommodate the patients needs and always finds a way to fit you in on a very busy schedule.